Come program with the Panda!
Program! Learn Computer Science!! Children ages 8 and up ARE old enough to learn computer programming. And with our new K through Grade 2 curriculum we are teaching students as young as 5! The staff at Panda Programmer teaches kids the joy of coding computers by helping them program their own customized animations and computer games. Our students have a blast, while we guide them and help them learn graphics, control structures, all within a solid event-based model of computer programming.
Panda Programmer provides a multi-disciplinary approach in teaching computer programming skills to children. We utilize mathematics, logics, teamwork, problem solving skills, and creativity to help children learn coding. Once introduced to computer programming, our students pursue it with incredible enthusiasm. “Instead of just PLAYING video games, have your kids DESIGN and PROGRAM them!”
Recreational gaming is not part of our program- The focus of Panda Programmer is on creativity, collaboration, critical thinking and communication. We’re teaching our students to create their own games, animated stories and personal creations-
Our classes are a combination of college seminar (in terms of open discussions, presenting and defending one’s own work, and collaboration) and Montessori classroom (helping one another, flexible curriculum and focus, and collaboration). Our on-going classes accept students of all backgrounds and experience levels, bring up to speed those of whom have less experience, and assimilate all students as they share ideas, collaborate on projects, and practice true computer science and coding skills.
We teach girls & boys the fundamentals of coding by making it fun. Our hands-on, project-based approach wins rave reviews from parents & kids alike-
In our classes we cover:
– Animation and graphics design
– Events-driven processing
– Control structures
– Serial vs. parallel execution of code
– Cartesian coordinates
– Modifying and augmenting existing games
– Designing, creating, and programming new games
Prerequisites: None! Our classes are designed to be a fun educational, hands-on experience that combines a child’s passion for computers with top instructors and exciting curriculum to create amazing things. All Panda Programmer classes are meant to be enjoyed by children ages 5 and above without any previous experience. Students with intermediate skills will be challenged with more advanced tasks.
Our motto is: “Instead of just PLAYING video games, have your kids DESIGN and PROGRAM them!”
Why Panda Programmer?
There are lots of reasons to learn computer science with Panda Programmer. Some of these include:
* Every student is provided with his or her own computer on which to work
* We have small class sizes- Classes are typically limited to 12 students maximum
* Student to Teacher Ratio: With one Lead Instructor and one Assistant Instructor, the student to teacher ratio is always low
* Affordable- Our hourly rate is under $18 per hour. (And that includes a computer for each student)
* Fun! The staff at Panda Programmer is dedicated to making the study of computer programming fun!